What I wish I could have told myself two years ago.
1. You won’t regret doing something courageous. If you fail when pursuing a “God-sized” vision you’ll learn more than if you had played it safe.
2. Invest in people more. Programs and planning serve a purpose only when people are prioritized. (Say that ten times fast!)
3. Daily tell God, “Here I am” then take a deep breath and listen. Don’t get caught saying, “God, here I go, I hope you follow me cause I’ll probably need you at some point.”
4. Say or do something profound each day. At the end of the day something should have happened that could illustrate a Biblical principle.
5. Make friends with people that are really different from you. Be intentional about surrounding yourself with people that don’t look, act or talk like you do.
6. Love the City. Be proactive in serving the needs in the community with no strings or agenda attached.
7. Be persistent when obstacles arise. Expect challenges and don’t let them entice you to compromise anything.
8. Pray for your leadership. Praying for them will help them and it will help you gain God’s heart for them.
9. Have fun. Take adventures, do something crazy, eat something new, try something silly, laugh at yourself often.
10. Love your family. Pour out on them the best of your love, affection and joy. Make sure they know that they are the best gift that God has given you.